Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I learnt it THE HARD WAY !!

Tongue, the boneless part of body, very flexible, is capable of slipping anytime (oh ho!! Abe apne gande sapno ke ghode roko)…every word coming out has value.

In my endeavor to get the breathing entertainment in my exceptionally free final semester of MBA, I stooped down to old hindi movies (which I missed coz I wanted to). Zinda…recommended by kartik.

The movie was about havoc a NOT NECESSARY extra sentence can bring in life, then the revenge from the other side carried over the years, creating catastrophe in the lives of both parties.

Though the movie was exaggerated left, right & center but the crux is true for lives of each one of us. Remember, DIL CHAHTA HAI as one more example. Few days back, similar NOT NECEASSARY extra sentences has brought my group on the verge of irreversible damage, hopefully it was saved somehow. Again, recently I rambled something I shouldn’t have, hurting someone not only at that point of time but damaging all the friendly memories in retrospection (I hope that SOMEONE is generous enough not to think that much).

Question is not the enormity of the damage done, question is WHY? In our clique (word introduced to me by kartik again, which I probably I use more than him), we often talk mindlessly, most of the times to make fun & more than those most of times…not thinking about the very meaning of it. We never mean them literally, or probably we just want to say something when everyone is (“its my chance” types), to get noticed or to gain the clique’s (m sorry kartik if its used absurdly) acceptance.

The beauty lies in the ignorance of the response of human mind, As BEAUTY LIES IN THE EYES OF BEHOLDER, SENSE OF THE STATEMENT LIES IN THE MIND OF LISTENER… people aware of the etymology & semantics tend to use it to think out of the box (which mostly complicates life)…

Despite being the student of marketing in 4th best B-School of the country (ok, now stop laughing…) where COMMUNICATION, the 2nd most used word after CUSTOMER***…I firmly believe that friends are the only people in front of whom you can speak before thinking, At least I do…& so paid for it !!

 

LEARNING: Use your tongue in controlled manner, but don’t worry…there will be TIME when u don’t need to  ;) 


***conclusion based on my memories of great speeches of our proffs in the classes I ATTENDED, so don’t use it in your research papers ;)

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kuchh samajh nahi aaya...
bahut bhaari likh diya